Our client is a leading multi-staged venture capital company in SouthAfrica committed to supporting and developing individuals and companies with the next blue chip ideas relating to the Quantitative Trading, Information Technology and the Online Media sectors. The company seeks a talented and energetic Full-Time Dev/Ops Engineer that will work closely with the Software Development Team to provide strategic direction on and execute network infrastructure, security, continuous integration, deployment, and IT operations practices, scaling and metrics, as well as running day-to-day operations of production and development infrastructure for the web-based CPF platform and associated software components. The successful candidate enjoys continuing improvement of communication skills, understanding of the domain in which client’s software is being written, and, crucially, a sensitivity and passion for the underlying business and for ensuring it succeeds.
A successful candidate should love learning and be able to self-teach with even a minimal amount of direction. As a Dev/Ops Engineer, you will have the chance to work in a highly energetic, multi-tasked and dynamic driven team that is based in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Job Responsibilities / Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- Bachelors degree (CS or EE preferred)
- Relevant experience in Linux/Unix system engineering/administration and network engineering.
- Strong knowledge in building and supporting production IT/ web infrastructure for cloud-based SaaS web applications built on LAMP stack.
- Knowledge in clouds (EC2, Rackspace, etc.), Apache web server, and Subversion (SVN)
- Proficient in scripting languages, such as shell, Perl, Python, PHP, or Ruby
- Working knowledge of key protocols including TCP, NFS, HTTP, and SSH.
- Interact with other departments to provide information and assistance as necessary.
- Dev/Ops Engineer will be responsible for maintaining an 24 x 7 oncall rotation schedule.
- Provide day to day support for activities on QCF infrastructure also address and resolve routine issues assigned for engineering support.
Job Requirements (Qualifications/Certifications/ Experience/Skills etc.)
- Experience with MySql operations including installation and backup.
- Proficient analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Worked in fast paced startup environment.
Qualification: BE/MCA or any equivalent qualification.
Experience: 3 + years of relevant experience
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Durban, SouthAfrica
itForte is one of the leading International Recruitment Agencies in India specializing in the IT and Telecom sector recruitments with some of the top international technology companies as its clients.