Our client is a leading technology and outsourcing company based in Mauritius specializing in Business Solutions, Infrastructure & Data Center Management and Development Outsourcing services for the Mauritian and East African clients. The company provides consulting, development and application implementation services for Oracle, Microsoft Navision and JD Edwards ERPs.
They are currently looking for Senior Technical Consultant for their office in Port Louis, Mauritius. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing expert technical advice and counsel in the design and maintenance of major, complex software systems and should have 8-10 years of progressive IT experience, with emphasis on high complexity multi-language programming and multiple platforms is common.
Job Responsibilities / Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- Implementation of Dynamics Nav -ERP Software as a lead technical developer.
- Technical leadership of the team as Senior developer
- Depending on seniority the successful applicant will be deployed in Mauritius or abroad as team member, team or project leader.
- Investigates the most technically complex software problems and coordinates problem resolution with software vendors, hardware manufacturers, and/or appropriate in-house personnel.
- Develops the most complicated design specifications and provides consultative guidance to software project teams on their execution.
- Evaluates performance of software system and recommends changes to increase operational effectiveness.
Job Requirements (Qualifications/Certifications/ Experience/Skills etc.)
- Self-motivated with good team spirit
- Carried out over minimum 5 implementation projects as a Navision developer
- Outgoing personality with good communication and inter-personal skills
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience in developing and implementing
- Good analytical skills
- Able to work odd hours to meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel
- Very Good Knowledge on Microsoft Dynamics Navision development tool
- Has worked on several Dynamics Navision implementation projects over the past 7 years as lead technical developer
The company offers an excellent work environment and a good compensation package including a competitive salary and performance based incentives.
Education: Relevant degree from a recognized university or institution
Experience: Minimum 6 years implementation experience on Dynamics Nav (Navision).
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Mauritius. The job may require travel to other countries outside Mauritius as well.
itForte is a one of the leading Placement Agencies in India specializing in the IT and Telecom sectors with some of the leading Indian and International technology companies as its clients.
Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean in the African continent. The area of the country is 2040 km2, and its capital is Port Louis.
The country's population, estimated at 1.3 million as per the recent survey, is composed of several ethnicities, mostly people of Indian, African, Chinese and French origin. According to the 2011 census, Hinduism is the major religion in Mauritius with 49% followers, followed by Christianity 32% and Islam 17%.
Most Mauritians are multilingual with proficiency in English, French, Creole and Asian languages. Besides English, Creole and French, the other languages spoken in Mauritius include Bhojpuri, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Chinese, Marathi and Urdu.
Mauritius has a tropical climate with a warm humid summer and a cool dry winter.
Mauritius’ economy is based mainly on tourism, textiles and sugar. Information and communication technology (ICT) is another emerging sector in Mauritius.